Etiketter

tisdag 16 april 2013

Prao


I was an intern at the waste disposal service. The first day, I first up went to the office to get my workers outfit. It was nyan orange. I had it so the truckers could see me, since on the place there were a wholelot of trucks driving. And they trucks were big and the driver sat high up. My superviser Åke was sick the first week, so a man named Alex took care of me the first week, and that day I got to ride along with one of the truckers, his name was Bengt. He drove around in Lund, I sat in the passenger seat next to him. During the carrides, he explained to me how things worked. I got to leave the truck when he was showing me what he did daily, which was that he used a big  crane or... arm... that lifted different trashcans up and emptied them in the container that was placed on the truck. Bengt controlled the arm/crane with a controll that he had attached around his waist, there were levers and buttons on this controller, that he used to steer the arm/cran around.

The next day, I went with another trucker named Daniel. He was younger then Begnt and had a different type of truck. This one lifted up containers and went to the disposal with them, to empty them from trash. He like Begnt, had controlls to controll the hook that lifted the container. Daniel was kind enough to let me try using this controller, which I thought was really fun. We were in Dalby a whole lot, he emptied the containers there. Apperantly, they need to drive onto a scale to check their weight before they can empty the container. Just to check how much they empty.And he was one of two younger truckers I went with, the other was a but named Tobias. He was a bit younger. Tobias filled in for truckers who were on vaccation or mayybe home sick. So his job varies. We talked a lot, and he also was in Dalby time to time. But we also went to Malmö to the bigger waste disposal. I thought it was real cool there! But boy there were a whole lot of birds there. All over the trash in search for food.
Then another trucker explained to me something about how much they’re allowed to drive, and on how they always know how much every trucker drive. They have disk in the car, that they change everyday for a new one, it marks on how how fast you drive, when you drive and all. Beacuse the drivesr have a drivers limit on how much they’re allowed to drive everyday.

But on the first Friday, I wasn’t riding a truck again, I was making trashcans since I wouldn’t have time riding a truck sicne I had to end earlier that day. But my working scedual was very various all the time. sometimes I ended real early somedays. Due to that the trcukers came back that time, It could be 14:00, when I should have ended an hour later. The longest day was from 08:00 to 14:50.

I loved being an intern there, everyone was so friendly. They seemed to be more friends then working buddies. Which I loved a whole lot, I would have wanted to stay for maybe an another week.  I wouldn’t mind working there, but I guess it’s more hard to work if it was raining like hell. Or how early they start, real early. Other then that, I think working there would be quite pleasent.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar